Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Comicbook Pregame: week of 4/28/10



Join me once again, as I peruse this week's shipping list and comment on things of interest.

Conan The Cimmerian #20, $2.99

If you are a guy and you don't like Conan comics we can not be friends. That's very sad for you because I am super fun to hang out with.

Flash Rebirth HC, $19.99

I strongly recommend not buying this comic as it was very bad.

Northlanders #27, $2.99

The disease, the cold, the famine, but the true plague is the wickedness of man.

Green Hornet #3, $3.99

This has 10 different covers. Ten. shakes head in disbelief

Last Unicorn #1 (of 6), $3.99

Can anyone tell me if I should read the novel?

Star Trek The Official Movie Adaptation #3 (of 6), $3.99

I think you might have missed your window of opportunity on this one IDW.

Green Lantern #29 (New Printing), $1.00
Image Firsts Invincible #1, $1.00
Image Firsts Proof #1, $1.00
Civil War #1 (Marvels Greatest Comics), $1.00


One dollar comics make me happy.

Captain America Reborn Finale By Bryan Hitch Poster, $8.99


So you can also remember how much better you hoped Captain America Reborn would be.

Fantastic Four #578, $2.99

Hickman killed it on S.H.I.E.L.D. #1 hopefully in translates into improved FF stories as well.

Incredible Hercules The Mighty Thorcules TP, $14.99

This may be my favorite Herc story, which is saying quite a lot.

Invincible Iron Man #25, $3.99

The exciting premier of the new armor as well as a proposed jumping on point for the Iron Man 2 movie crowd. Wait a second, doesn't this take place after Siege #4? Spoliers?

Punisher #16, $2.99

The conclusion to one of the most unlikely and incredibly fun Punisher stories in history.

Secret Warriors #15, $2.99
Siege Secret Warriors #1, $2.99


Triple dose of Hickman this week.

Thor #609, $2.99

The best Siege tie-in.

X-Force #26, $2.99

More Second Coming.

Truth Of Buffy Essays On Fiction Illuminating Reality SC (New Printing), $35.00

Yes I'm still watching Buffy. Made it about halfway through season 2 thus far. It comes as no surprise that Whedon knows what hes doing especially in terms of character, dialog, and long term plotting. Individual episodes still kind of suck though.

Wasteland #28, $3.50

What happened to this. It was humming along pretty well for the first 2 years and know it rarely ships. I still enjoy it, I just wish it would actually come out on some sort of schedule, say something like once a month.

Avatar Blu-Ray, AR
Avatar DVD Widescreen, AR


Every time the ad for this comes on I think to my self "oh, pretty, I should really see Avatar again". Then the people start talking and I'm reminded of the plot. My desire to see the film again quickly passes.

What are you looking forward to? Comment below.

-egs

Apparently Avatar sold more copies DVD/Blue-Ray copies in it's first week then any film in history. Do people not realize that within a year or two a dozen films will have special effects just as impressive and at least half will be better written, better directed, and better acted? At that point why even watch Avatar?

No comments:

Post a Comment