Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Comicbook Pregame: week of 03/17/10




Another week, another look at the upcoming comics and comic related merchandise.

Time Lincoln (One Shot), $3.99

You cocksuckers. I guess great minds do think alike.

Robotika Volume 2 HC, $19.95

Due to all the various troubles with Archaia this took along time to come out, but it's good stuff. The art, as you might be able to tell with the cover above, is pretty sweet. Like the original this combines sci-fi, western, and samurai elements with a little humor and a lot of action. So if that sounds like something you'd like, check it out. Also if you were annoyed with the cyborg's speech bubbles in the first volume, they fixed them for this one.

American Vampire #1, $3.99

Art looks great but I'm tired of vampire shit.

Joe The Barbarian #3 (of 8), $2.99

Check the cover...



...that looks awesome.

Battlefields #4 (The Firefly And His Majesty Part One), $3.50

Ennis + war comics = good

Green Hornet Year One #1, $3.99

Don't really care about the comic and I stoped caring about the movie once Stephen Chow dropped out.

Choker #2, $3.99

Did you like Fell? (You should, Fell was fucking great.) This is a lot like Fell.

I Kill Giants Titan Edition Volume 1 HC, $39.99
I Kill Giants Titan Edition Volume 1 HC (Limited Signed/Numbered Edition), $50.00


I mentioned yesterday that I finally read this. I'm going to try and do a full review soon but in short, I really liked it.

Amazing Spider-Man #625, $2.99

Is this still only 36 times a year, cause it seems like much more, which is totally okay with me.

Captain America #1, $1.00

Brubaker and Epting's first issue of Cap for only a buck. The first issue is pretty good and the run, which is back on track after Reborn, will be remembered as a classic for years to come. It's very good.

Dark Avengers Ares TP, $24.99

This includes both the 3 issue tie in to Dark Reign and the 5 issue mini from a few years ago. Both are terrific. You don't need to know anything about Dark Reign or Marvel comics, as a matter of fact I picked up the first issue of the original mini without even realizing it was a Marvel book. If you like big action with heart (the original story is all about the relationships between fathers and sons as is the second series to some extent) you'll love this.

Doomwar #2, $3.99

The first issue impressed me so I guess I'll check this out. Doom vs. The Black Panther, Storm, and several X-Men.

Hercules Fall Of An Avenger #1 (of 2), $3.99

I did a week long salute to Herc, so yeah, I'll be reading this.

Siege #3, $3.99

This week's big issue. I'm actually excited for this and the cover art looks fantastic. Hopefully Bendis keeps up the pace and this doesn't fizzle out like the last two Bendis events.

Wolverine Origins #45, $2.99

This is still happening? Wow. Really? Really? Wow.

X-Men Legacy #234, $2.99

X-Men romance drama! Hell yes.

D&D Players Handbook 3, $34.95

They really want me to spend a lot of money, don't they?

That's all for this week. There's an area below that you can put comments, so maybe you should do that.

-egs

There's also a house in New Orleans they call the Rising Sun, but I don't suggest you go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment