Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Comicbook Pregame: week of 10/24/10




On the eve of new comic Wednesday I bring you a short look at comics of interest.

Supergod #3, $3.99

I'm a sucker for these Warren Ellis Avatar minis. Lots of cool ideas.

Guild #1 (of 3), $3.50


I do love The Guild but do I love it enough for a comicbook spin off? Yeah I probably do, especially since it's written by Felicia Day.

Northlanders #26, $2.99
Northlanders Volume 3 Blood In The Snow TP, $14.99


A new single issue Northlanders for those of us up to date on our viking goodness while the trade waiters get a heaping helping of Brian Wood and company. The trade collects all the one shots and short stories that have come in between the longer arcs. Quite frankly they're the best issues yet. Wood himself said that they're the best work he's ever done and I see no reason to disagree. That is one awesome trade, buy it.

Power Girl #10, $2.99

We found out this week that issue 12 will be this creative teams last. Saviour them.

Scalped #36, $2.99

Scalped comes out this week. You know of course that this means that next week I will spend a fair amount of time praising Jason Aaron. Be prepared.

Robert Jordans Wheel Of Time #1, $3.99

So this will be done with what, issue 1500?

King City #6, $2.99

New material starts next issue yeah? Can't wait. Oh, I almost forgot, I found one of Graham's old erotic comics, it was hilarious. Not sexy really but it was damn entertaining.

Orc Stain #2, $2.99

Stoke is another artist much in the same vain as Graham and similarly I enjoy his work immensely. It's been a while since issue 1 which was my fear what with Stoke writing, drawing, coloring, and if I'm not mistaken, lettering the book by himself. Still looking forward to it.

Amazing Spider-Man #626, $2.99

Fred Van Lente, Michael Gaydos, and the Scorpion. Spider-Man is a must read for any superhero fan.

Captain America #604, $3.99

Chris Evans has been cast as Cap but who else will fill out the cast? Oh the comic? Yeah you should buy it, it's been good.

Nemesis #1, $2.99

So I kind of don't want to buy this if only cause it could take for ever to finish but I'm sure that if nothing else it will look very pretty and give us all a lot to debate and analyze so I probably will.

New Avengers #63 (Siege Tie-In), $3.99

Sounds like a closer look at some of the battle that's been going on. Could be just what people want with the Siege mini only being 4 issues long.

Thor Tales Of Asgard By Stan Lee & Jack Kirby HC, $29.99

If you've never read this old Thor stories you should. Awesome stuff. Kirby art with some off Lee's best scripting.

Thor #608, $2.99

Keiron Gillen is doing a real nice job with his Thor run. It would have been easy for this stop gap between JMS and Fraction to be a piss poor holding pattern but I've really enjoyed it.

Uncanny X-Men #522, $3.99

Kitty's coming back! And if that wasn't exciting enough, no Greg Land!

X-Factor #203, $2.99

Let's hope they got those art problems figured out. PAD deserves better.

Tales Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #68, $3.25

They're still making Ninja Turtle books? Sort of intrigued.

Anime & Philosophy SC, $19.95

This sounds interesting. If anyone knows more about it then the Amazon description (like if it's worth reading) please let me know.

That's all I have to say on that. Anything you're excited about this week? Comment below.

-egs

Hey Astroboy comes out on DVD this week. I never saw the old anime or read the old manga but I've been reading Pluto (which is sensational) so now I want to see it. Is it any good?

No comments:

Post a Comment