Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Comic Book Pregame: week of 02/17/10



Join me won't you, as I peruse this week's shipping list and comment on things of interest.

Ignition City Volume 1 HC, $27.99
Ignition City Volume 1 HC (Dual Signed Edition), $49.99
Ignition City Volume 1 TP, $19.99


I liked Ignition City but $50? Even 28 seems like too much for a five issue series. I do recommend getting this for any fans of Ellis or of steam punk comics but I'd try and find it a bit cheaper if I were you.

Batman #696, $2.99

Really DC? You still have Tony Daniels writing and drawing one of your flagship titles? It's weird that all the other bat-family books are really good right now while the one book actually called Batman is near unreadable.

Batman Streets Of Gotham #9, $3.99

It looks like Paul Dini's back for this issue which means it should be worth picking up. The art in both the main feature and backup has been great throughout and Dini is a reliable writer of all things Batman. A much better choice then the book above for those in need of a Batman fix (and who's not?).

Joe The Barbarian #2 (of 8), $2.99


The first issue was a lot of set up coupled with fantastic art (seriously check out this dude's work). I'm hoping this one has bit more content to accompany the pretty pictures.

Power Girl #9, $2.99

The best book DC* is currently publishing. That's right, the best.

Battlefields #3 (of 9)(Happy Valley Part 3), $3.50

Garth Ennis and war comics are like chocolate and peanut butter only with a lot more killing.

Amazing Spider-Man #621 , $2.99

Michael Lark joins Dan Slott for this issue so you can pretty much guarantee it's going to be good.

Black Widow And The Marvel Girls #4 (Of 4), $2.99
Black Widow Deadly Origin #4 (Of 4), $3.99


I'm guessing this must be selling pretty well since The Black Widow's getting her own ongoing to coincide with Iron Man 2 being released. They've both been okay but neither has made me think that I needed more.

Captain America #603, $3.99

Fresh off some ridiculous controversy! I wonder if it will affect sales at all, I'm guessing...not in the slightest. What people aren't talking about is that the last issue was the best issue of Captain America in months. Here's hoping it continues.

Daredevil #505, $2.99

Do you realize that this books been good for like 10 years now? That's pretty crazy right?

Dark Avengers #14, $3.99

More Sentry. This two issue arc seems to be validating a villain turn for a hero that, quite frankly, not many people really liked. He does make a pretty good villain what with his earth shattering powers and rampant psychosis.

Deadpool #19, $2.99
Deadpool Merc With A Mouth #8, $2.99


There are 2 Deadpool books coming out on the same week. What the hell people? I have a hard time thinking that anyone needs more then 1 Deadpool comic a month let alone more then 1 in a single week.

Incredible Hercules #141, $3.99

Fuck yeah! This series is so much fun.

Incredible Hulk #607, $3.99

I was so happy when Greg Pak returned to Incredible Hulk and I loved the direction he was going with Banner and Skarr. Then they decided to tie this book in with Loeb's Hulk and now I'm not reading it. Way to ruin something else for me Loeb.

Kick Ass HC, $24.99

That was fast the last issue just shipped like a month ago. Anyway JRJr absolutely killed on this book, maybe the best work of his career. The story was okay, it had some really funny bits and some parts that were suppose to be funny that didn't quite work. It started out better then it finished but if you like violence it's definitely worth reading.

Punisher #14, $2.99

This story arc has been so good. It's been funny, exciting, creative, and has had killer art. I'm looking forward to this more then any other issue this week.

Uncanny X-Men #521, $2.99


LAAANNDDDD!!!! Remember when Greg Land could actually draw? Apparently he doesn't.

Tick New Series #2 , $4.95

The Tick is back and it's really expensive.

That Dude Who Survived, $5.60

I have no idea what this is but that's a good title. Also who prices something at $5.60?

Marvel Scarlet Witch Bishoujo Statue, $64.99

Let me first say that I have no intention of buying this...but does it make me a bad person that I think this statue looks kind of hot?



Nge Evangelion 2.0 Asuka Plug-in Suit Ani-Statue, $74.99

It's been 15 years since Eva and still horny otaku everywhere can not get enough.

Rocketeer Statue, $179.99

That's pretty awesome looking. Not 180 bucks awesome but still.

That's all for this week, comment below, if you dare (BumBumBa).

-egs

*I'm not including imprints that DC owns like Vertigo.

No comments:

Post a Comment