Thursday, February 11, 2010

I happen to like robots





I still haven't seen Transformers 2. Oh I probably will at some point but it just hasn't been a high priority. Of course there are lots of films I haven't seen why point this one out? Well, because I was huge Transformers fan growing up. I watched every episode, bought every toy I could afford, and constantly pretended that everything around me might suddenly transform into an awesome giant robot. I shit you not I must have watched the original 1986 Transformers film close to 200 times. But I didn't see Transformers 2 because the first Transformers was pretty bad. Now I'm not saying that the old show was great or anything because, well, it's not, but you know what the old show was?

It was a show about awesome giant robots fighting!

What it wasn't was a show about some teenager running around trying to get laid. I can deal with a Transformers film without Dinobots, Constructicons, Hot Rod, or Omega Supreme but a Transformers film in which the Autobots don't even save the day? Inconceivable. Think about it, the end of that film Optimus gets his ass handed to him and the human has to save the day. A human saving the day is fine in 99% of films but in one called Transformers that shit don't fly.

I don't think I'm asking for too much, I'm not saying they need a good plot, or reasonable dialog (although Optimus says 'my bad' really?), I just want to watch a movie that's actually about robots.

Preferably giant transforming ones with laser guns.

-egs

No comments:

Post a Comment